Friday, November 11, 2011

james lewis fields

UK Soul Maven Nick Sands postulates:

TOP POP 2262
How Long Shall I Wait

"I have just heard for the first time (shame on me) James Lewis Fields 'How Long Shall I Wait' on the Top Pop label out of NY. As soon as I heard it I said Lee Fields (the clue is in the second and third names), as this sounds like James Brown as did Lee Fields - who was known as 'Little James Brown'...

"Looking around the net there is no reference to this, and even Mr. Ridley has a straight review of it being just James Lewis Fields. Lee Fields also worked out of NY (still does), so my guess is it's him???"

Well, as you might have guessed yourself, Sir Shambling has little use for this funky A side, and is more enamoured with it's 'deep' flip, I Really Love You. Both sides are great, as far as I'm concerned, and if this soulful slab of vinyl is indeed Lee Fields, I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to be credited for it.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment